Sexism in the Ruby community: how does the Python community manage it?

Paul Pittlerson menkomigen6 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 12:43:20 EDT 2013

What we need to do is A) Prove that we are not sexist and racist by excluding and intolerating people who do not agree with. B) Head on over to the Ruby mailing list and make a thread called "Hey guys we are the python people, and can you learn to behave, ok plz?" wherein we detail to them what we think they are doing wrong and how we, in our superior moral judgment, think they ought to improve themselves, that'll teach them not to be sexist and racist alright.

I think that is what OP is suggesting we do, if it's not then I really don't know what it is.

I've sometimes been curious why programming in general, and python included is a male dominated field, well I'm glad that OP has figured out it's just because we scare all the women away with our overt sexism and racism naming conventions.

Great thread, just great.