Possibly better loop construct, also labels+goto important and on the fly compiler idea.

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 00:03:50 EDT 2013

On 10/28/2013 12:51 AM, rusi wrote:

> > Just looked at the general netiquette link -- its long and not much
> > use for a technical oriented forum.

I agree.  Wikipedia is convenient but almost never suitable
as a learning resource.  I'll see if I can find a friendlier
general netiquette link.  Recommendations welcome.

> > Some items missed (irrespective of GG usage) 1. Good subject line 2.
> > Good code examples http://sscce.org/ 3.
> > http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

I am hesitant to put too many general netiquette rules
there.  Such rules aren't applicable to only GG users.
The alternate recommendations made to GG users here
(to use usenet and email) are always made without a
list of netiquette rules even though the recipients
are the same people using GG.  Why should GG users be
told about those rules when they get advice about using
GG but not when they get advice to use email or usenet?

What would be best I think is a separate page with general
guidelines for posting that any user could be pointed to.

Regarding esr's "smart-questions", although I acknowledge
it has useful advice, I have always found it elitist and
abrasive.  I wish someone would rewrite it without the
"we are gods" attitude.

Thanks again for your feedback.