http://pycam.sourceforge.net/

vinny vinny at rock.com
Wed Oct 16 07:44:41 EDT 2013

"Erminio Ottone" <EO at ottone.it> wrote in message
news:20131013114826.1419.6522.XPN at sator...
> Would you like to become a developer of this program ?
>
> http://pycam.sourceforge.net/

machines stl models?

The problem with stl is its just triangles. Video game stuff.
 Iv'e machined stl models, only to realize they are just coarse triangles.
Seems our graphics cards do the neccessary blending and trimming to create
the
finished product.
While it looks awesome on the screen filtered thru my graphics card made for
gaming, the machined part is nasty to say the least.

So....why not incorporate some of the things graphic cards do to the
geometry?

Then you can go after the non existant video game model machining nitch?
There's no cam system i know of that mimics a graphics card right now, it
could
be your nitch.

Imagine a pull down that you select, nvidia, ati, native, etc... for the
type of model blending.

The new 3d printers need that nitch.