PID tuning.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Oct 14 18:48:22 EDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 5:03 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira <renato.barbosa.pim.pereira at gmail.com>
> writes:
>
>> I am looking for some software for PID tuning that would take the
>> result of a step response, and calculates Td, Ti, Kp, any suggestion
>> or hint of where to start?, thanks.
>
> Is this related to Python? What is “PID tuning”,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller
"A proportional-integral-derivative controller (PID controller) is a
generic control loop feedback mechanism (controller) widely used in
industrial control systems. "

There are three tuning constants, and they are now usually tuned with
various algorithms instead of entirely by hand. Following Ian's
suggestion shows that Python is one of the languages used for such
algorithms.

> and what have you tried already?

Renato should have searched first as a search now is a bit contaminated
by multiple hits for the post here and on mirrors ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy