Query on Python Compiled source--Urgent

chandan kumar chandan_psr at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 14 01:41:35 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm working on a python project for protocol testing.I need to provide only python compiled source to our customer.

Here are the steps followed to take python compiled from actual source.
1.There are 5 different test suites under the project
2..Run all 5  test suite with python sources.
3.After completion of test suite ,just take .pyc files and copied in to seperate folder.
4.Re run test suite for any issues with the .pyc code.I started seeing one issue when it logs the test results in to excel file.
 This issue occurs sometimes.50% of chances are there to see this issue

Below is the error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\users\ScriptTestCode\scriptsCompiledCode\ExecuteScripts.py", line 32, in <module>
    TestManager.execute_scripts(TEST_BUILD)
  File "D:\users\ScriptTestCode\scriptsCompiledCode\TestManager.py", line 764, in execute_scripts
  File "D:\users\ScriptTestCode\scriptsCompiledCode\TestManager.py", line 772, in _execute_all
  File "D:\users\ScriptTestCode\scriptsCompiledCode\TestManager.py", line 924, in _testsuite_950_band
  File "D:\users\ScriptTestCode\scriptsCompiledCode\TestManager.py", line 377, in exec_test_suite
  File "D:\users\ScriptTestCode\scripts\ResultReporter.py", line 321, in save_test_results
    _my_doc.save(StackTestData.TEST_REPORT_PATH)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pyExcelerator\Workbook.py", line 610, in save
    doc.save(filename, self.get_biff_data())
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pyExcelerator\CompoundDoc.py", line 554, in save
    f = file(filename, 'wb')
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: '.\\TestResults\\TestReport.xls'

Now my question is of there any issue with logging to excel it should happen for the first test suite itself,but it occurs in either 2,3,4 or 5 test suite. Some it runs without any issues.

Please let me know do i need to follow any sequence when copying  compiled source code and  whats exactly going wrong here.

Best Regards,
Chandan.