Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Peter Cacioppi peter.cacioppi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 04:12:12 EDT 2013

On Monday, October 21, 2013 9:29:34 PM UTC-5, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:43:52 -0700, Peter Cacioppi wrote:
>
> Challenge: give some examples of things which you can do in Python, but
> cannot do *at all* in C, C++, C#, Java?

Please. No exceptions is huge. No garbage collection is huge.

But you can do anything with a Turing machine. You can do anything in assembly. The point is to pick the appropriate tool for the job.

I can build a house without a nail gun. I can probably even build a house without a hammer. But it's a waste of time to build things with the wrong tools.