Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Oct 21 04:24:23 EDT 2013

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:44:27 -0700, Peter Cacioppi wrote:

> This is just one language feature. I could go on and on. The idea that
> the differences between these languages is just syntactic sugar and
> aesthetics is so profoundly misguided that I can only assume that this
> misconception was proposed as a bizarre form of trolling.

I don't know who you are responding to, or what they said to give you the
impression that they believe that all differences between languages is
*merely* syntactic sugar, but I certainly don't believe that.

In fact, given that you haven't quoted anyone, I'm tempted to call it a
straw-man, except you don't appear to be arguing against anyone, so there
is nobody it could be a straw-man of :-)

--
Steven