Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Tue Oct 22 03:38:16 EDT 2013

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> writes:

> You missed the ever-so-special Objective C syntax:
>
> [object method arg1 withSomething arg2 withSomethingElse arg3]
>
> I'm sure I got that slightly wrong.  I don't do Objective C, and my eyes
> glaze over every time I have to read it.

The actual syntax would be

  [object method: arg1 withSomething: arg2 withSomethingElse: arg3]

and IMHO once you train your eyes the result is very readable, and
closely resembles Python's keywords (and I took advantage of the
similarity when I enjoyed developing PyObjC :)

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.