Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 21:59:07 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> On 10/17/2013 01:57 PM, Ned Batchelder wrote:
>>

>> Read and listen more.  Write and say less.
>

> Mark Janssen has no interest in learning.  From a thread long-ago:
>
> Mark Janssen wrote:
>>
>> Ethan Furman wrote:

Thank you for bringing this back up.  Was it you who suggested that
built-in are re-assignable?  Because this is a bad idea for the
reasons I just showed.  My error in that example was going into arcane
points that I should have cross-checked in the Python language
definition (that built-ins were or were *not* assignable), then I
wouldn't have had to have made my (otherwise valid) point, that there
is no magical "stack" which will remember your language re-assignment
so that you can get it back, but then the example should have never
been pushed into existence in the first place.

--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington