Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Thu Oct 17 16:57:53 EDT 2013

On 10/17/13 3:49 PM, Mark Janssen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:56:27 AM UTC+5:30, zipher wrote:
>>> Yes, well clearly we are not "having the same thoughts", yet the
>>> purpose of the academic establishment is to pin down such terminology
>>> and not have these sloppy understandings everywhere.  You dig?
>> Heh Mark I am really sorry.  I think this is the third or fourth time that I say something to which you reply with such egregious rubbish -- parsing has something to do with card-punches?!?! Yeah like python has something to do with the purple shirt I am wearing -- that a dozen others jump at you with a resounding 'Cut the crap!'
> You feedback is respected.  However, you haven't included in your
> analysis that you have a closed group here of Python aficionados.  I
> invite you to take a look at
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TypeSystemCategoriesInImperativeLanguagesTwo
> before you continue to issue insults.

I'm interested to learn more about your ideas, but that wiki page is not
going to help much.  It's a chaotic back-and-forth, with no attribution,
so it's impossible to know who is saying what.  Except that it devolves
into the same frustrated confusion, and then insults that this thread
has, so I can tell: those trying to understand are frustrated, and Mark
starts insulting people. "Hitler!": what does that mean??

Mark, if you want people to understand you, you have to get your facts
straight, you have to explain yourself clearly, and when people don't
understand, you have to not resort to insults.  Perhaps you are a
misunderstood genius, I can't tell for sure.  So far it just looks like
you are making sweeping over-generalizations based on insufficient
understanding of the current and past complexities of the field.

Read and listen more.  Write and say less.

--Ned.