Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:11:35 EDT 2013

>>> Python objects have dynamic operations suited
>>> to a naive interpreter like CPython.
>>
>> Naive, no.
>
> "Naive", in this instance, means executing code exactly as written,
> without optimizing things (and it's not an insult, btw).

In that case, you're talking about a "non-optimizing" interpreter, but
then, that what is supposed to happen.  I don't think it's fair to
call it "naive".  An interpreter can't guess what you mean to do in
every circumstance (threading?).  It's better to do it right (i.e.
well-defined), *slowly* than to do it fast, incorrectly.

MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington