ANN: CUI text editor Kaa 0.0.4

Atsuo Ishimoto ishimoto at gembook.org
Fri Oct 11 21:54:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

> What's a "console user interface?" That's what Windows calls a "DOS
> box".  But otherwise you seem to imply it runs on Linux.

I meant to say something like DOS box or Linux terminals.
Unfortunately, Kaa does not work on Windows DOS box since Kaa requires
curses library to run.

> So, what OS's does it support? Which terminal programs?

Currently, Kaa is tested on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and Ubuntu 13.04 box. I usually use
iTerm2 on Mac and Gnome Terminal on Ubuntu.

> Does it only work locally, or can it work from an ssh terminal?

Works for both locally and ssh terminal.

> Can it run within screen?

Yes, but as Emacs or bash, default escape character of screen(^A)
conflicts with Kaa,.
So I recommend to assign another character for screen.

Regards,