Passing C pionters to Python for use with cffi

Eric Frederich eric.frederich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 11:11:14 EDT 2013

Dieter,

Thanks for the reply.
I actually have a fully working set of bindings using Cython.
I'm looking to move away from Cython and use cffi.
My reasoning is that with cffi my binding package would be pure python.

Also, I want my all my code to be Python, not Cython.
I don't care about performance or compiling my Python to C so that it can
be used.
I just want usable bindings so that I can write extensions as well as use
an interactive Python interpreter.

So... again, just wondering if Py_BuildValue("(k)", &some_structure); is
the proper way to send a void* over to Python so that cffi can cast and use
it.