I am never going to complain about Python again

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Oct 10 07:43:16 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-10 12:10, MRAB wrote:
> Re "==", this page:
>
>      http://php.net/manual/en/language.operators.comparison.php
>
> states:
>
> """If you compare a number with a string or the *comparison involves
> numerical strings*, then each string is converted to a number and
> the comparison performed numerically.""" (emphasis added)
>
> So they get coerced to numbers if they _look_ like numbers!

BEDEVERE: How do you know she is a number?

VILLAGER1: She looks like one!

CROWD: Right! Yeah! Yeah!

BEDEVERE: Bring her forward.

STRING: I'm not a number. I'm not a number.

BEDEVERE: Uh, but you are dressed as one.

STRING: They dressed me up like this.

Tenuously-trying-to-keep-python-related'ly yours,

-tkc