Can anyone help on conflicts between Python 2.5 and 2.7

Errol Anderson errol.anderson at gradient.com
Wed Oct 9 17:47:54 EDT 2013

I maintain a Delphi program, AAA, that runs Python 2.5 scripts using the PythonForDelphi (P4D)interface.  I can install both Python 2.5 and Python 2.7 on my computer and AAA is unaffected.   However one user of AAA uses another program, BBB, that requires Python 2.7.  When they run AAA, an error is generated that suggests that AAA has been directed to the Python 2.7 libraries.

The specific error is identified in Python27\lib\linecache.py line 127
        with open(fullname, 'rU') as fp:

as compared with Python25\lib\linecache.py line 128
        fp = open(fullname, 'rU')

It appears that the BBB program installs Python 2.7 to be the "default" Python version, although I do not know how this is done.  Assuming BBB cannot be changed, I would like to know how I can modify AAA so that it ignores any "default" settings and simply runs Python 2.5.

Regards

Errol Anderson