Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:30:48 EDT 2013

Is there any better way to identif a previous visitor? i tried cookies
which failed for me for the reason i opened this thread and host like
follows:

		# try to locate the visitor
		cur.execute('''SELECT * FROM visitors WHERE counterID = %s and host =
%s''', (cID, host) )
		data = cur.fetchone()

		if not data:
			# if first time visitor on this page, create new record
			cur.execute('''INSERT INTO visitors (counterID, host, city, useros,
browser, ref, lastvisit) VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s)''',
						   (cID, host, city, useros, browser, ref, lastvisit) )
		else:
			# since visitor exists just update his record
			cur.execute('''UPDATE visitors SET city = %s, useros = %s, browser =
%s, ref = %s, hits = hits + 1, lastvisit = %s''', (city, useros,
browser, ref, lastvisit) )
=======

Please tell me if you can think fo something else.