Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Oct 10 03:18:10 EDT 2013

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:36:54 -0700, rusi wrote:

> On Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:40:19 AM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano
> wrote:
>>
>> I have no objection to encouraging people to read the fine manual, and
>> I don't intend to be Nikos' (or anyone else's) unpaid full-time help
>> desk and troubleshooter. But I do think it is simply unfair to treat
>> him more harshly than we would others in the same position. If *anyone
>> else* asked for help on these sorts of network and browser questions,
>> we'd give them more constructive pointers than just "google it".
>
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-October/657221.html

That's a good example of exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.
Joel responded with "have you checked the pysvn mailing list" and gave a
URL to that list. That is a good, helpful response, given that we can't
be expected to know everything about every arbitrary package that might
use Python.

> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-October/657034.html

And even this got a response suggesting the poster look for an nginx
mailing list, which while less helpful than it could have been, was still
a concrete, helpful response: not "RTFM", or "just google it", but
"that's a problem with nginx, you need an nginx forum, not a Python one".

--
Steven