Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 02:47:29 EDT 2013

Στις 9/10/2013 7:53 πμ, ο/η Ian Kelly έγραψε:
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also i have set:
>> ookie['ID']['expires'] = 60*60*24*365           #this cookie will expire in
>> a year
>
> The Expires attribute takes a date.  If you're passing an interval in
> seconds then you should use the Max-Age attribute instead.
>
> That said, I think I misunderstood the problem initially.  You are
> saying that when the user is on another site, and they press the
> browser's Back button to return to your page, your host is not
> recording a visit from the cookie you've given them?  This is probably
> happening because the browser is not actually sending a request to
> your web server when it navigates back, unless the user specifically
> requests a refresh.  Otherwise, most browsers will just use the cached
> page already in memory in this situation.  As far as the server is
> concerned, nothing has happened.

No i dont mean that.

When a user hits my link on another website, for exmaple they are on
ypsilandio.gr and they hit the link of superhost.gr then a new entry
with a new cookie is appearing into my visitors table!

Where is the old cookie that was saved in my browser so it will get
retrieved? I use chrome and i notice that when a visitor comes to my
webpage form a referrer link the cookie's ID is always set to a new
random value.

I have no idea why.
Why would it metter from where you sre coming from?
The cookie ust have beeen present in the visitor's browser, shouldnt it?

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined! & WebHost
<http://superhost.gr>