Mysql's mysql module

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 7 15:01:06 EDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Tobiah <toby at tobiah.org> wrote:
> I just noticed this:
>

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html

* Does it adhere to the Python database API?
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

* Is source available?

* Does it have a reasonable open source license?

These questions come immediately to mind because at work we briefly
considered, then rejected, a similar offering from the Sybase folks
for connecting to (big surprise) Sybase. We never needed to ask the
first and third questions, because the answer to the second was, "no",
and they only offered a version built against Python 2.6. Since we use
Python 2.4 and 2.7, that was an immediate nonstarter.

Skip