Database statements via python but database left intact

Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 15:16:46 EDT 2013

Excuse me for asking again today, but i see no error in the following
code, yes no isertion or update happens into the database:

try:
# locate the ID of the page's URL
cur.execute('''SELECT ID FROM counters WHERE url = %s''', page )
data = cur.fetchone()		#URL is unique, so should only be one

if not data:
	#first time for page; primary key is automatic, hit is defaulted
	cur.execute('''INSERT INTO counters (url) VALUES (%s)''', page )
			cID = cur.lastrowid		#get the primary key value of the new added record
else:
	#found the page, save primary key and use it to issue hit UPDATE
	cID = data[0]
	cur.execute('''UPDATE counters SET hits = hits + 1 WHERE ID = %s''', cID )

When this code runs i check instantly my database via PHPMyAdmin and i
see that it was left intact.