howto check programs and C libraries

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Fri Oct 4 07:15:21 EDT 2013

On 4/10/2013 05:30, David Palao wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm in charge of preparing a computer room for the practices of
> "introduction to programming".
> One of the tasks is checking that from all the computers in the room
> one can execute some programs and link (and compile) against some
> libraries.
> My first idea was using Autotools (or cmake), but as I'm a big fan of
> python, I was thinking how to do that with python, and I don't have a
> clear solution yet.
> I know that distutils includes the distutils.command.config module,
> and I think it could do the job (when properly subclassed).
> Do you have a better idea?

I don't have any specific tool in mind, but I'd suggest that you really
need to run the tool on only one of the machines, and run a separate
tool on them all that assures that they are identical, presumably made
that way by wiping each and copying from a master

That assumes the hardware is close enough to identical to make this
practical.

--
DaveA