Can arbitrary code run in a server if someone's know just the MySQL password?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Wed Oct 2 11:15:48 EDT 2013

On 10/2/13 10:46 AM, Νίκος wrote:
> Στις 2/10/2013 4:58 μμ, ο/η Ned Batchelder έγραψε:
>> On 10/2/13 9:41 AM, Νίκος wrote:
>>> Στις 2/10/2013 4:25 μμ, ο/η Steven D'Aprano έγραψε:

>>> Is that what might have happened and someone managed to upload the
>>> .html file in '~/home/nikos/www/' ?
>>>
>>> Can you think of any other way?
>>>

>> As others have said in this thread, this is not a Python topic. Find
>> another forum for this question.  Do not ask it here again.
>>
>> You've said that you can improve.  Show us by not asking non-Python
>> questions here.
>>
>> --Ned.
> But i need to know what happened and how this .html file got uploaded.
> This is not a python question, but this happened from this pythons NG.
> And perhaps my python code was being utilized fo this upload to happen.
>
> I must know.

This is not a topic for Python-List.  We don't have answers for you, and
you won't get answers to this question here.  If you persist in asking
about it here, don't be surprised when people get angry with you.  This
is anti-social behavior.

I know you are upset about your server being compromised.  I'm sorry
about that, but it isn't on-topic here.  There are other places you can
get help with your question.

--Ned.