hg.python.org: Server unresponsive and timeout

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Oct 2 18:25:14 EDT 2013

On 10/2/2013 5:36 AM, Tae Wong wrote:
> This post is irrelevant from using Python; so it's an Internet server problem.
>
> When you try to connect to hg.python.org, the connection takes forever.

I believe hg.python.org is on a different machine than python.org. It
has occasionally been down, but works fine with Firefox. Sometimes
connections fail even if both endpoints are working. If you have a
particular persistent problem with hg.python.org, I suggest talking to
your ISP.

Cloning the CPython repository may take an hour or two if that is what
you are trying to do.

--
Terry Jan Reedy