PyDoc_STRVAR error in msvc compile

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Oct 2 06:01:33 EDT 2013

On 02/10/2013 10:00, Robin Becker wrote:
> On 01/10/2013 18:26, MRAB wrote:
>> On 01/10/2013 17:41, Robin Becker wrote:
>>>
>> I've tried it in a minimal console program, and it seems to work for me.
>>
> thanks for the test. I thought this might be an issue with the macro call
> argument being spread out over several lines, but since your try works I'll dig
> deeper.
I used -E to get the pre-processor output and it shows my string constant ends
up with the #ifdef inside it eg

   ......\n" #ifdef    ZZZZ "    ZZZZ stuff\n" #endif "\n\....

I looked for any obvious reason why that should happen, but cannot find anything.

if I remove the internal #ifdef and replace with a macro containing the
conditional string or "" then MSVC 9 seems to be ok with it.

--
Robin Becker