JUST GOT HACKED

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 09:49:21 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:43:32 AM UTC-5, Ferrous Cranus wrote:

> I only re-ask the same thing if:
>

> 1. Di not understood what was provided or proposed to me as being a solution
>
> 2. Still feel that that the solution provided to me doesn't meet my
> needs and should have been re-written in a different way. Nevertheless
> we are all improving, especially the newbies, by seeing alternative way,
> best methods and wise practices of writing code for the specific problem
> and pick the one that does the job best.

If you feel that the provided solution doesn't meet your needs then the *most likely* answer is that you have asked the wrong question. Rather than, say, posting a new thread (unless your new question is clearly different and mostly unrelated), the appropriate course of action is to say something like,

"Hey, apparently I'm asking the wrong question, because all these answers are about frobnosticating, but I really wanted to foo the baz."

If you don't acknowledge that you goofed up, you come across as arrogant or ignorant (or both).

-W