Goodbye: was JUST GOT HACKED

Walter Hurry walterhurry at lavabit.com
Mon Oct 7 08:26:03 EDT 2013

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 11:35:00 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 09:21:08 +0530, Ravi Sahni wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM, Walter Hurry <walterhurry at lavabit.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Ding ding! Nikos is simply trolling. It's easy enough to killfile him
>>> but inconvenient to skip all the answers to his lengthy threads. If
>>> only people would just ignore him!
>>
>> Hello Walter Hurry please wait!
>>
>> Did I do/say something wrong?!
>
> Don't worry about it Ravi, you haven't done anything wrong.
>
> Walter is not a regular here. At best he is a lurker who neither asks
> Python questions nor answers them. In the last four months, I can see
> four posts from him: three are complaining about Nikos, and one is a
> two-
> line "Me to!" response to a post about defensive programming.
>

>> If one of us should go it should be me -- Im just a newbie here.
>
> No, you are welcome here. You've posted more in just a few days than
> Walter has in months. We need more people like you.

Steven,

You make a fair point. I have posted very little recently, for the
following reasons:

a) I'm not really competent enough to answer python questions, at least
not yet.

b) I try not to post my own Python questions unless as a last resort. I
prefer to try to solve my own problems by reading the fine documentation,
and DuckDuckGoing.

However, I do lurk assiduously and have learned much by reading excellent
'answering' posts from many such as you.

The 'Goodbye' post was made in rather a fit of pique, for which I
apologise. If I am allowed a second chance, there is actually something
puzzling me at the moment. It's a UnicodeDecodeError, but I shall start
a separate thread about it.

Sorry again.

Walter