Change a file type in Python?

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 23:58:41 EST 2013

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:52:03 AM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM, rusi wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 1, 2013 5:34:11 AM UTC+5:30, Eamonn Rea wrote:
> >> Thanks for the help!
> >>
> >> Ok, I'll look into the mailing list.
> >
> > [Assuming you are using GG with firefox on linux]
> >
> > All you need to do is
> > 1. Install 'Its all text' FF addon
> > 2. Point the 'editor' of 'Its all text' to the below python script
> >
> > After that, a small new edit button will appear outside the text-box and its one-click solution
>
> What you're suggesting still doesn't wrap text properly, as
> evidenced by your above over-long line.
>
> ChrisA

Ok my bad. I offered a 1-click solution, but did 0 clicks :-)
Strictly speaking one needs anywhere between one and two clicks for this
to work properly.  My profuse apologies for the improper and illegitimate
round-down <wink>

> Yeah I still think it's a lot easier to switch to a properly-working
> system.

Of course -- if 1.something clicks are too onerous, you are free not to use
it :-)

More seriously this discussion completely misses the point.

I think we are dealing with 3 completely separable problems:
[Slightly changing what I earlier wrote…]

1. Undesirable elements -- spam, troll and more exotic
2. Immature noobs -- literally or almost literally kids
3. Stupid technology -- in this case, GG

The anti-GG crusade is getting pissed-off with 1 and/or 2 and then
attacking 3.