strip away html tags from extracted links

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 12:41:12 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 4:33 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> One last thing, I observe that you've a gmail address.  This is currently
> guaranteed to send shivers down my spine.  So if you're using google groups,
> would you be kind enough to read and action this,
> https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython, thanks.

Don't blame all gmail users, some of us are using the mailing list. :)
You should be able to check the headers - with the email posts,
there's an Injection-Info header which cites Google Groups. Presumably
you get the same or similar if you read as a newsgroup.

And the OP was, indeed, using GG. Why is it so suddenly so popular?

ChrisA