Cannot print greek letters in Python 2.6

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 17:48:36 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM,  <mefistofelis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following script however when the clipboard contents are greek letters it fails to print them right.
> I have used all posible encoding for greek letters including utf8 but to no avail so i just stay with latin1.

You need to know what encoding is actually being used. Attempting to
decode using arbitrary encodings is doomed to failure. Possibly
Windows is using some kind of global default encoding, or possibly you
can query the other program for its encoding, but you're unlikely to
succeed by pointing the decode gun in random directions and firing.

Incidentally, you may find things easier if you switch to Python 3.3 -
quite a bit of Unicode handling is improved in Py3.

As a separate point, can you please use something better than Google
Groups for posting? There are many far better clients than GG, or you
can use the mailing list instead: