Managing Google Groups headaches

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu Nov 28 11:43:44 EST 2013

In article <RCJlu.5$rx5.0 at fx05.am4>,
 Alister <alister.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the best option is for everybody to bombard Google with bug
> reports (preferably typed with extra long lines & double spaced as that
> is clearly what they are used to & we would not want to upset them would
> we? )

It's pretty clear Google doesn't care about Google Groups.  Or, at
least, they don't care that it interacts badly with newsgroups, and in
particular with bidirectional newsgroup/mailing-list gateways.

The purpose of Google Groups is to generate traffic to their site, which
it does just fine.  Making it behave better with newsgroups won't change
that, so there's no incentive for them to do so.