Managing Google Groups headaches

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 28 10:49:39 EST 2013

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 02:08:17 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:04 AM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Its really quite unclear to me why GG is a problem if all the problems
>> of GG are obviated.
>
> Which is easier, fiddling around with your setup so you can post
> reasonably on Google Groups, or just getting a better client? With your
> setup, you have to drop out to another editor and press F9 for it to
> work. With pretty much any other newsreader on the planet, this works
> straight off, no setup necessary.
>
> I'm still going to advise people to stop using buggy rubbish.
>
> ChrisA

Whilst I agree with Chris A's main points I would at least say thankyou
for :-

A) finding a solution that works for you.
B) Posting it so that others can try it to see if it works for them.

Perhaps the best option is for everybody to bombard Google with bug
reports (preferably typed with extra long lines & double spaced as that
is clearly what they are used to & we would not want to upset them would
we? )

--
It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be
coming up it.