Managing Google Groups headaches

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:22:27 EST 2013

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:20:39 PM UTC+5:30, Alister wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 02:08:17 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

> > On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:04 AM, rusi  wrote:
> >> Its really quite unclear to me why GG is a problem if all the problems
> >> of GG are obviated.
> > Which is easier, fiddling around with your setup so you can post
> > reasonably on Google Groups, or just getting a better client? With your
> > setup, you have to drop out to another editor and press F9 for it to
> > work. With pretty much any other newsreader on the planet, this works
> > straight off, no setup necessary.
> > I'm still going to advise people to stop using buggy rubbish.
> > ChrisA

> Whilst I agree with Chris A's main points I would at least say thankyou
> for :-

Well thanks for the thanks :-)

> A) finding a solution that works for you.
> B) Posting it so that others can try it to see if it works for them.

> Perhaps the best option is for everybody to bombard Google with bug
> reports (preferably typed with extra long lines & double spaced as that
> is clearly what they are used to & we would not want to upset them would
> we? )

If that has even a small likelihood of succeeding I heartily support
it.  My impression is its been done with no result -- Usenet is too
fringe and obsolete a technology for Google to bother.

On a different note your message has arrived 4 times.
What client did you use?