Managing Google Groups headaches

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Nov 29 11:15:08 EST 2013

On 2013-11-28, Zero Piraeus <z at etiol.net> wrote:
>:
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 08:40:47AM -0700, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> My opinion is that the Python list should dump the Usenet tie-in and
>> just go straight e-mail.
>
> +1 Hell yes.

I'd have to reluctantly agree.  I've been using Usenet for 25 years,
and I still read this as comp.lang.python, but this is practically the
only Usenet group left that I follow.  There are a number of mailing
lists I follow via gmane's NNTP server, and I can certainly do the
same for this one.

I've been filtering out all postings from GG for years, so it doesn't
really matter to me, but apparently there are a lot of people with
defective mail/news clients for whom that's apparently not possible?
[Otherwise, I don't understand what all the complaining is about.]

--
Grant