Managing Google Groups headaches

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 09:25:52 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problems with GG as I understand are
> 1. Double spacing
> 2. Long lines
>
> As far as I can see both are cured with the method outlined.
> If its not for others and only for me, I'd like to know.
> That 2 is a problem was only brought to my notice recently.
> And so my fix for it is recent.

Yes. Those are the problems. Are you suggesting this as a way to post
via GG without it being a nuisance, or to read news without seeing
those problems? If the former, it is surely far FAR easier to just
read and write mail on python-list, or use Thunderbird, or somesuch,
than to go through these hoops just to be able to keep using buggy
software. People won't do it. And if the latter, well, that's my point
about it solving things only for you.

In fact, either way, it solves things only for you. The problem is
that there are a huge number of users who are not you.

ChrisA