Python project

ngangsia akumbo ngangsia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 18:43:43 EST 2013

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:07:15 PM UTC-8, Johannes Findeisen wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 17:43:27 -0800 (PST)
>
> ngangsia akumbo wrote:
>

> > Hi everyone
>

> Hi,
>

> > I a beginner in python. The first project is to build an online city guide start with my own city. I will need some support on where to get started.
>

> Take a look at the Django Web framework: https://www.djangoproject.com/
>

> But, you really need to know a lot more then just a little piece of
>
> Python. You need to know how web applications actually work and how to
>
> implement a frontend using HTML, CSS etc.
>

> Are you aware of this? Python will not do that for you.
>

> > support like where to find the required resources which will help me, libraries, tutorials on similar project etc.
>

> I believe you will not find libraries, tutorials etc. for creating a
>
> "city guide" on the web. That is your job. You need to implement your
>
> business idea yourself, using maybe Python.
>

> Please give us more information about the state of your project and
>
> what you have tried to implement and what you are missing... There are
>
> lots of libraries available for Python doing most of the jobs you want
>
> to have done.
>

> Do you want us to explain how to build a web application?
>

> Regards,
>
> Johannes

I wish to come up with a city guide that can give directions, locations like business spots, cafe, restaurants, hospitals in English and the local language spoken by the people.

To be honest am not that experience, i think i need some time to study more in order to attain this goal, but i will like to get direction and may be resources which can also help me on my way.