Access database - GUI - Python - I need architectural advice

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Thu Nov 28 16:58:28 EST 2013

Am 28.11.13 07:51, schrieb Ben Finney:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM, jm.almeras <jm.almeras at nospam.net> wrote:

>>> 2) dimensionable and editable arrays of columns and rows like when
>>> you open a table under Access.
>
> I'm not aware of a widget in Tkinter which can do that.

There is tablelist and tktable. For tablelist, a Python wrapping exists:

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TableListWrapper

This is the right tool if you have a list with multiple columns, where
you want to edit the data, like this picture:

http://wiki.tcl.tk/25183

Tktable is an extension which provides a grid for entry, more like a
spreadsheet and with less canned functionality.

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TkTableWrapper

	Christian