'_[1]' in .co_names using builtin compile() in Python 2.6

magnus.lycka at gmail.com magnus.lycka at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 06:17:58 EST 2013

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:09:32 PM UTC+1, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> I hope you aren't trying to prevent malice this way: you cannot examine
> a piece of Python code to prove that it's safe to execute.

No worry. Whoever has access to modifying those configuration files
can cause a mess in all sorts of other ways, such as writing and running
arbitrary programs.

I just want to give reasonably rapid feedback when people make mistakes.

As with all python code, it's very important to test properly, but the
top level names are often defined elsewhere in the configuration, so I
want to catch those errors ASAP.