tkinter bug on mac maverick python 3.3.3

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Nov 27 15:17:56 EST 2013

In article <5295d83d$0$3458$426a34cc at news.free.fr>,
 Dan Wissme <wissme at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only one to get a bug in GUIs using tkinter on my Mac under
> maverick and Python 3.3.3 ?
> When will they get rid of Tcl/Tk which causes recurrent problems at
> almost each new Python version !
> Please, for the rest of us...

If the problem you are referring to is that Tk widgets are not being redrawn
properly until you move the cursor over them or type in them, follow the
instructions here and install the very latest version of ActiveTcl 8.5 for OS
X (labeled 8.5.15.0 on the web site but the download file is 8.5.15.1).

http://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org