Cracking hashes with Python

Tim Delaney timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:55:20 EST 2013

On 27 November 2013 13:28, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > On 26/11/2013 23:06, TheRandomPast . wrote:
> >> I'm stumped.
> >
> > Good to see another cricketer on the list :)
>
> May I be bowled enough to suggest that "stumped" doesn't necessarily
> imply a background in cricket?
>
> *dives for cover*

Surely that should have been "drives for cover" ;) I guess I'll play on ...

Before I go look it up, I'm guessing that the etymology of "stumped" is
actually coming from the problem of a plough getting stuck on a stump (i.e.
can't progress any further). Not much of an issue anymore since the
invention of the stump-jump plough:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stump-jump_plough

(Looked it up, my guess is considered the most likely origin of the term).

Tim Delaney