Getting the Appdata Directory with Python and PEP?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 18:20:25 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Eamonn Rea <eamonnrea at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe this module is of some use to you:
>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/appdirs
>>
>> It provides a unified Python API to the various OS specific 'user' directory locations.
>
> I saw this, but I wanted to do it myself as I stated in the OP :)

You could read the module's source code - that's one of the coolest
benefits of open source, you can learn from someone else's
implementation.

Your posts, your replies particularly, are showing the
increasingly-annoying fingerprints of Google Groups. Look at how they
appear to us:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-November/661217.html

Note the double-spaced quoted text, and the unwrapped lines. Please do
not use Google Groups, as it's nearly impossible to use without
creating obnoxious posts.

ChrisA