SetupTools

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Nov 25 18:14:02 EST 2013

Chandru Rajendran <Chandru_Rajendran at infosys.com> writes:

> How can we set the target folder for the package in Setuptools?

You do it at install time. In other words, it's not up to the author of
‘setup.py’ to decide; it's for the administrator installing your package
(or whoever set the defaults on that specific machine) to decide where
it goes.

See <URL:http://docs.python.org/3/install/index.html> for the
instructions to the Setuptools user on how to install a distribution.

[…]

This is nonsense (you are deliberately sending the message to a public
forum and thus the message is not confidential). Please stop using a
system that adds this boilerplate rubbish, and/or convince your system
administrators to remove it when sending to public forums.

--
 \            “… Nature … is seen to do all things Herself and through |
  `\         herself of own accord, rid of all gods.” —Titus Lucretius |