Implement logic on object.attribute and object.attribute()

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 09:31:46 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> If the REST interface is designed properly, all the GETs are
> nullipotent, so modulo efficiency, it should all work.

Yes, but "modulo efficiency" is not something you want to do when
you're talking network traffic. If this were just allocating a bit of
memory, then I might be inclined to let it duplicate the work (if the
API were sufficiently beautiful to justify it, which IMHO this one
isn't), but a full HTTP round trip? And this is presumably all
synchronous, as otherwise all sorts of things would get messy (you'd
have a string that doesn't have a value yet... could be awkward).

ChrisA