python for everyday tasks

koch.mate at gmail.com koch.mate at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 18:59:19 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm about held a short course with the title indicated in the subjects. The students are very experienced programmers of our company, with deep knoledge on C, C++, C#, Perl and similar languages, but very limited, or absolutely no knowledge on python.

what would you teach to such a group in 5x1.5 hours? I'm looking for the most interesting, unique topics, emphesizing python's strong points.

I have already a couple ideas:
 - a general intro about tuples, lists, dicts, sets, and working with these
 - functional programming tools, functools, itertools, lambda, map, filter
 - wsgi, pickle

I'd appreciate a lot if you could add some ideas

thanks,
Mate