Got a Doubt ! Wanting for your Help ! Plz make it ASAP !

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Wed Nov 27 03:31:45 EST 2013

Op 27-11-13 09:19, Chris Angelico schreef:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Antoon Pardon
> <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:
>> However that second sentence doesn't make much sense to me. Modern
>> languages contain a subset that is called the standard language. This
>> is the subset that is generally taught. Especially to those for whom
>> the language is foreign. So when you define a specific language to
>> use on an international forum, it is strongly suggested that people
>> limit themselves to the standard subset and don't use dialects since
>> "dialect" AFAIU means it is outside this standard.
>
> Do you mean standard British English, standard American English,
> standard Australian English, or some other?

Does that significantly matter or are you just looking for details
you can use to disagree? As far as I understand the overlap between
standard British English and standard American English is so large
that it doesn't really matter for those who had to learn the language.
Likewise for the overlap with standard Australian English.

--
Antoon