Got a Doubt ! Wanting for your Help ! Plz make it ASAP !

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Nov 26 09:37:39 EST 2013

In article <mailman.3219.1385452076.18130.python-list at python.org>,
 Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:

> So I think we may expect more effort from the writer in trying to be
> understandable than from the readers in trying to understand. And
> that includes idiom use.

We live in an international world (otherwise we wouldn't need that
annoying unicode stuff).  When you say, "effort to be understandable",
what you're really saying is, "everybody should be just like me".

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.  Or maybe fortunately, since
variety and exploring different cultures is part of what makes life
interesting.

Keep in mind, there's a lot of native Mandarin speakers who are
wondering why they need to bother learning English at all.