Traceback when using multiprocessing, less than helpful?

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 21 13:25:43 EST 2013

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:24:33 AM UTC-8, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Hmm. This looks like a possible need for the 'raise from' syntax.

Thank you, Chris, that made me feel like a REAL Python programmer -- I just did some reading, and the "raise from" feature was not implemented until Python 3!  And I might actually need it!  :^)

I think that the article http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3134/ is relevant.  Reading it now.  To be clear: the complete exception change is stored in every class, it's just not being displayed?  I hope that's the case.  I shouldn't have to install a "raise from" hook in multiprocessing.map_async itself.