Newbie - Trying to Help a Friend

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 13:09:42 EST 2013

On 20/11/2013 17:51, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:37:31 PM UTC-5, Mark Lawrence wrote:

>>> Nazi?  Perhaps we could stick to more appropriate analogies?
>>>
>>> --Ned.
>>>

>> It's an excellent analogy that I've used before, hence the smiley.
>> Clearly you don't do any research before bothering to say anything.
>>
>> --
>> Python is the second best programming language in the world.
>> But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer
>>
>> Mark Lawrence
>
> You think these two things make an excellent analogy?  1) a newsgroup mishap being actively investigated, and 2) calculated genocide.  It is not an excellent analogy, it's wildly disproportionate.
>
> Using a smiley doesn't fix it, and using it previously doesn't give you a free pass.  What research was I supposed to have done?  Examine your previous posts to see you overreacting before?  That would hardly have convinced me that this was OK.
>
> --Ned.

I suggest that you write to the BBC and get all episodes of the
extremely popular *COMEDY* "Dad's Army" withdrawn as "typical shabby
Nazi trick" was one of Captain Mainwearing's main lines.  And if I want
to overreact, I'll overreact, as I couldn't care two hoots whether I'm
dealing with an arsehole from the Python Software Foundation or one
who's not.