How to install pip for python3 on OS X?

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 15:10:23 EST 2013

On Nov 20, 2013, at 6:01 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 20/11/2013 06:55, Travis Griggs wrote:
>> OSX (Mavericks) has python2.7 stock installed. But I do all my own
>> personal python stuff with 3.3. I just flushed my 3.3.2 install and
>> installed the new 3.3.3. So I need to install pyserial again.
>
> Just idle curiosity but why do you have to do this?  On Windows I just whack 3.3.3 over the top of 3.3.2, job done.

I think in this case, it was a chance to clean house, and maybe up the “tools” game (e.g. use pip) instead of what I had been doing. So you’re correct. The flushing of 3.3.2 was more that I *wanted* to, instead of *needing* to.

(aside. I do not use GoogleGroups, but have been accused of somehow sending email that looks like I do. Does this email look like that?)