Python Beginner

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Nov 17 23:42:22 EST 2013

On 11/17/2013 11:02 PM, ngangsia akumbo wrote:

> Cameroon is a third world country, the IT skills of the people here
> is far from attaining any legitimacy.
>
> Many people are doing business here just like in the days of the
> Roman empire when computers had not been invented.
>
> We have many companies needing skills professionals to solve their IT
> problems which they can't find and always have to hire from abroad.
>
> Talking about problem in IT you can think of the most basic problem.
>
> Taxation, databases, accounting, simple apps for businesses ,
> tracking systems, bookkeeping, Mobil apps for city direction, etc,
> which i can't identify all being a python beginner.

To find (free) business software written in Python, search at
https://pypi.python.org/pypi
sourceforge.net
or you favorite search engine.

Perhaps you can learn to use and adapt a few to solve local business
problems.

> We don't even have a University that offer a full flesh computer
> science course

The phrase you are looking for is 'full-fledged'. 'Fledge' has the same
root as 'fly' and it means 'develop the feathers needed to fly' (for a
young bird). So a full-fledged computer science course would be one that
teaches you all the skills you need to 'fly' on your own.

--
Terry Jan Reedy