PYTHON 3.4 LEFTOVERS

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 16:44:40 EST 2013

On 16/11/2013 21:26, Antoon Pardon wrote:

> Please don't encourage our Help Vampire. I know this is generally a
> welcoming community that is generous with its expertise, even if
> someone asks questions beyond python. But Nikos abuses that generousity
> which angers and frustrates a lot of people and generates a lot of
> hostility here.
>
> So we need people not to encourage Nikos and that means being rather
> less friendly with him than with others. So please ignore non
> python questions from him. With respect to python questions: Don't
> spoon feed him. Don't answer his questions for him or do his work for
> him. Give him the information he needs to find things out himself,
> preferably refer him to the documentation.

Although I agree with the sentiments that you give above, I've come to
the conclusion that giving him anything is a complete waste of our time.
  Why answer his questions if he then states he doesn't want to do it
that way?  Why refer him to documentation if he refuses to read it?
I don't like saying this but I believe the only way to get any peace
around here is to ignore him completely.  Surely by now he's way past
his "three strikes and you're out" limit?

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence